Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Off to New Wine

Next week we all head off to new Wine in Sunny Shepton Mallet for New Wine (Central and South West).

Yesterday I went down to New Wine (London and South East) for a day to meet some friends and have a few meetings. I went down with Jules and Dave who will be leading worship with me next week.

Every time I turn into the Bath and West showground, memories come flooding back. Over the 12 years I have been going to new wine, I remember the great times of meeting god in worship, of seeing my children grow in faith, of times of hearing god speak to me: great times. As we chatted with a few of our friends who have been going for many years, we heard their stories of their children coming to faith whilst in the incredible kidz work, stories of their own days of youth where they encountered god and were changed and propelled to a life following Jesus. We remember how soul survivor, once the youth work of new wine, was born and grew and started to become what it is today. These memories are so so precious. And to still be involved in a small way, leading worship is still amazing.

As we left the site last night to drive back we were chatting about the week that is to come. My hope, my passionate hope, is that we will encounter god - above all that he would turn up and move amongst us, speak to us, refresh us, inspire us, heal us. In my mind, everything else is a side show.

Come Lord Jesus

Please.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm also hoping for dry weather, the kids enjoy a week of camping, they sleep in longer than day break, go to sleep before night fall, I don't forget a vital component for the tent or break the main pole (again), and can survive the whole trauma of a week of camping. Too selfish? Maybe I should stick with your aspiration. ;)

Chris Fox said...

Looking forward to Venue 1 team hitting THIRST... see you there mate. Chris

Anonymous said...

God with a small 'g'?